Are you looking for something to do to help get into the holiday spirit this season? Because of COVID-19, many of the usual holiday activities, such as the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community Christmas Program and Light Parade and other holiday events around the Valley, have been cancelled.
But all is not lost—you can still experience holiday festivities safely. Driving in your vehicle to view holiday lights is a safe and enjoyable way to get in the holiday spirit. Enjoy the decorations on houses and attend drive-through events such as the Holiday Lights at Salt River Fields.
Grab some hot chocolate, load up the car and enjoy the festive light displays in and around the Community.
1. Drive through the SRPMIC Housing Divisions, such as the VAII, Canalside, Red Mountain and Evergreen. It’s free and within Community boundaries.
2. Holiday Lights at Salt River Fields is a 1.2-mile-long drive-through light display open until December 31. Cost is $35 or $40 per vehicle during the week and $46 or $50 on the weekends. Fast-pass tickets run from $46 to $75 and VIP tickets are $300+, which includes a gift bag and carriage ride through the display. For more information, visit www.holidaylightssrf.com.
3. The Phoenix Zoo’s popular Zoolights is now “Cruise the Zoolights”! Take a drive through the Phoenix Zoo to view millions of twinkling lights and a musical light show. The drive-through event runs daily from 5:30 to 10:30 p.m. through January 31, 2021. Admission is $60 per vehicle for Phoenix Zoo members and $75 for non-members. For more information, visit www.phoenixzoo.org.
4. Arizona Lights in the Night is a new holiday light show open through January 3, 2021, located on the Loop 202 and Alma School Road. Guests will drive through a million lights synchronized to music, including a 600-foot tunnel. Cost is $30 or $60 per vehicle. For more information, visit www.arizonalightsinthenight.com.
5. World of Illumination: Arctic Adventure and Rockin’ Christmas is the largest drive-through animated light show in Arizona. The Arctic Adventure show is located at Tempe’s Diablo Stadium, and the Rockin’ Christmas show is at Westgate Entertainment District in Glendale. Both locations will be open through January 3, 2021. Shows run from 6 to 10 p.m. every night. Tickets are $29 per vehicle during the week (Monday-Thursday) and $39 per vehicle on weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday). For more information, visit www.worldofillumination.com.